Tis the season…
1. When a mince pie becomes an acceptable meal substitute..and egg nog equals a portion of protein.
2. When the inbox sends out it’s own SOS due to spam overload.
3. When you go out to buy a party dress and come back with a fire engine.
4. When you search for your heels and find them in the dressing up.
5 When you find yourself multi-ing the multi-tasking..writing the shopping list on the toilet whilst texting the plumber.
6. When the kids suddenly start acting nice.
7. And as a result they fool you into taking them Christmas shopping and just when your impression of an suppressed, repressed, depressed packing mule has reached it’s limits someone always needs a wee.
8. When the list of things to take to school is representative of an expedition to climb Everest..white plimsoles, black plimsoles, red trousers, red top with tinsel, baked bean tin, bottle of wine, raffle tickets, jar of sweets, tray of cupcakes, nativity dvd return form, another tray of cupcakes, cards for the entire class…winning lottery ticket?
9. When you get undressed at night and you find multiple smiling Father Christmas stickers attached to your bum.
10. When you point out a cloud that looks like a snowman with a funny hat. To a stranger.
11. When the dvd player stops working because there’s a snow globe inside it.
12. When sorting out the laundry is classed as ‘me time’.
13. When you realise sewing on tinsel to a red top is a nightmare and the red is actually your blood.
14. When you tell yourself that a hangover with children is just not worth it. Again.
15. When you realise a trip to the hairdressers is a spa day.
16. When you realise that amaretto with mulled wine should be classed as an A1 drug.
17. When you walk round the supermarket singing carols. Loudly. And out of tune.
Laters, Kate x
So awesome, I laughed… You do so well to juggle 🙂
Amaretto with Mulled Wine? This I’ve got to try!
Hilarious !!! The # 9 is even better than hilarious ! Tis the season … to laugh out loud, definitely ! Thanks for making me laugh like this ! xxxx
Reblogged this on Mrs. Saint Nick.
I do the singing too 🙂
So glad I’m not alone…
Ha! At least you didn’t find your heels in the WASHING up…yet! Season’s greetings! 😀
Or Charlie’s room………..!
Love this! ….once found a ham sandwich in the video player….remember them?…..my son thought the machine might be hungry!! Here’s to much merry ness this Xmas !!! Xx
Shows a sensitive soul..I think!
At least the kids are nice!
It’s only a matter of time…
# 14 — When you tell yourself that a hangover with children is just not worth it. Again.
We NEVER learn, huh?
What a great post! You’re hanging on to your sense of humor!
By my fingernails…
Christmas is near??? I haven’t even thought about it yet. Broke!!! 😜
Just the thought of it makes my heart bleed..
LOL. I love this!
Loved this! I know it’s Christmas when I find my friends trying to remove annoying pieces of glitter stuck to my face from the decorations. AHHHH have a good one…
Too funny!!! Sitting here laughing out loud 😉
You’ve been there haven’t you?!
Hahaha~ well said. Tell me more when I see you on Thursday! xxxxxxx
Looking forward to it! x
Love it! I just had Christmas pudding and custard for lunch and it’s only December 2nd! I do love this time of year.
What a great post (and funny pic)! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!
Ps. Really gotta try that Amaretto/ Mulled Wine combo now, you got me intrigued…
Honestly it’s the best..we’ll be serving it to welcome in guests on Xmas day x
Ahah Love it!
Oh Kate, absolutely priceless. I am exhausted reading your list. I have started a detox today – although, I have just been invited for bubbles and delicious prawns at galfriend’s this evening. Detox for half a day perhaps? Kx
Sounds like my type of detox!..or re-label..a detox OF healthy food?! xxx